
This is my very first blog and I am still trying to figure out how to work this thing, so bare with me.
He is a little information about me:
My name is Emily, I was born and raised in a small town about an hour southeast of Memphis, TN called New Albany. It is the birthplace of the famous William Faulkner and home to the New Albany Bulldogs.
While growing up in that small Mississippi town, I always said that I would never be that girl who never left and was stuck there 20 years later. After graduating from high school in 1998 I went to the local Junior College for two years just like most of my friends. When it came time to choose a university, I just knew that it was time to spread my wings and fly away from small town, USA. In the fall of 2000 I enrolled at the University of Southern Mississippi, located in Hattiesburg, MS. Hattiesburg is about 4 hours south from my hometown, not to far from home but far enough.
I met my husband, Jason, for the first time the summer before my sophomore year at junior college. Needless to say it wasn't our time yet, I was 19 years old, young, free and had no plan on being tied down at such a young age, not to mention he was in the Marine Corp stationed in Yuma, AZ. We stayed in contact over the next few years. He would stop by to see me when ever he was in town. I had been dating a guy for about a year and a half pretty seriously, we broke up in June of 2001. I was completely heart broken and could have cared less about dating anyone, but Jason, who was truly a good friend, came to see me during christmas that year like always. I don't know what came over me, but I guess my eyes were opened and I realized what had been in front of me the whole time. Jason and I started dating that christmas and were married in June 10, 2003.
In December of 2003, I graduated from Southern Miss with my BFA in graphic communication. I moved to Pensacola, FL after I graduated to be with Jason, since he was now stationed at NAS Pensacola. We lived there for six months before he was honorably discharged from the military. We had know where to live, so the only choice we had was to ask my parent if we could live with them until we figured out what was next. We bought a house in that same small town that I had sworn I would never come back to. Believe it or not, here we are five years later in that same small town and I really don't want to leave.
1 comment:
Aww! Em, I love the way your fairy tale has started! Thanks for keeping in touch.
Post a Comment