February 14, 2010

Will You Be My Valentine?

I had a very special valentines day this year, I had 3 Valentines. I must have been a good girl this year! :) I got to pick the boys up from daycare on Friday and they had their very "FIRST" Valentine present for me. I was so happy and it was so sweet! The daycare traced the boys hands (while they were sleeping) and then cut them out & put them on a red heart. How sweet was that?
BEN

to my mommy - from: Ben

COLTON

to my mommy - from: Colton

Jason was a great Valentine too. We decided not to buy each other anything this year for Valentine's Day except a card, we figured that we had already received our valentines for the year. They were the BEST gift of all!!!!! Jason did splurge and bought be a Pot of Gold Chocolates. YUMMY!!!! He's the best!!!!

As for the weekend as a whole, it was wild. First off, Ben was ill as a hornet. I'm guessing he is ill because he is so congested. He screams when you put him down, hold him, feed him, burp him, so in other words all the time. What happen to my happy baby that smiles all the time? I even looked at Ben this morning while he was crying and asked.... "What do you want? Just blink or something to tell me." The funny thing that did happen this morning was that he quit crying when he heard Jason's alarm clock going off. Funny Child!

As for Colton, we had a another face outbreak. It was to the point I called the doctor on call. (Dr. Harding) I told him what was going on and he said that it could be fabric softener from my clothes since he is always rubbing is face on my shirt. He does that when he is sleepy. It isn't any where else on his body so that's what makes me think he right. If it's not that it is oatmeal, because that is what he ate that morning.


That is Cradle Cap on the back of his head, I think this side view could also be cradle cap, but the front view is not.

30 minutes after putting cortisone on Colton face. BIG difference huh?

We are starting the process of getting rid of Cradle Cap. We are going to try diligently to get rid of this over the next 7 days. Once the process is over I will show you the progress or not. So this what I am doing.... 10 minutes before bath I am rubbing Tree Oil on the spot and letting it set. then I am washing it with Head & Shoulders Shampoo. This is what the doctor suggested I do.... the Head & Shoulders that is, but I've read to use tree oil or baby lotion also along with it to help remove the scales. The brush the spot to remove dead skin.

DAY 1

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Emily, I have always had really sensitive skin (ask my mom about how I could only use cloth diapers as a baby!) and fabric softener remains a big problem for me. It breaks me out! So I hope that's what is bothering poor Colton b/c at least it's an easy fix.

The McKinley Family said...

Just wanted to let you know that Andrew had cradle cap very bad, too. We used Head & Shoulders for months, and it always did the trick! Our doctor told us that (what we thought was baby acne on his face) was actually cradle cap! On his face! I hate it for Colton's handsome little face to be broken out. It will get better soon, I know!