February 23, 2010

4 Months Old

It is hard to believe that today the boys are 4 months old. It just blows my mind how fast time goes by, it just seems like yesterday I was 34 weeks pregnant trying to keep from going into labor. We have had alot going on lately and the boys are keeping me very busy.

Ben

Colton

Colton's new thing is he loves to talk.... All the Time! Jason said he must have gotten the gift of gab from me. :) Just ask him a question and it is non-stop.

Ben is going to be my determined child he has been doing this since he was about 1 month old, but now he tries to help all the time.

We had our 4 month check up on Monday, everything went well except the shots. Ben weighed 13 lbs, 23 " long and Colton 13 lbs 15 oz, 24" long. They are in the 25% range for their age and the doctor said that was great considering where they started. Ben has almost caught up with Colton, he should he actually eats more.

As for the shots..... it was horrible, just horrible. First off both boys were in such good moods that day. The nurse came in and picked up Ben and poor baby thought she was playing with him, he was cooing and laughing and then his happy world came to a bitter halt. That bottom lip curled up and he SCREAMED. Now Colton, I wouldn't expect any less, he SCREAMED blood murder. There were two nurses so they gave them their shots at the exact time. The one nurse hand be Colton , which was still screaming and the other nurse hugged Ben and then left me with both of them SCREAMING. I know that they have other patients to see, but what the $*@%! I sat in the floor of the doctors office, I know... gross sitting on the floor part, rocking two babies in their car seats SCREAMING. Finally, I just buckled them in and continued rocking. By the time I walked out, 10 minutes later, the boys were sound asleep. They had gotten so worked up that they were pooped. Colton slept in his car seat buckled in from 3:00-5:30. WOW!!!! Needless to say, next time I take them for shots, I will take someone with me, dang!

Going back about the Cradle Cap from my last blog.... It has been horrid. I did everything the doctor told me about using head & shoulders, I even lubed it up with Tea Tree Oil before washing it. Nothing worked.... it had gotten better, then it would get worse again. When I took them for their 4 month check up he told me to put Selson Blue on it and apply it like a lotion when I got home from work and then wash it off at night. Since it has taken me 3 days to post this blog I can tell you the results. THAT'S HOW TO GET RID OF CRADLE CAP!!!!! In just 4 short days it it 90% gone and yes the mess on his face was cradle cap to, NOT a allergic reaction. His face is still a little crusty but it may take longer because I'm not putting Selson Blue on his face. The doctor also gave me two different creams to apply twice a day.

We are going to Memphis on Saturday to eat for my Birthday, which is on next Wednesday, then we are going to see Papaw Roberts at his friends house. So hopefully I will have a picture of the boys and their papaw Roberts finally.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh, that video of Colton talking is the cutest thing ever!!! Glad his cradle cap is better too! My mom says that she always hated it when Nathan and I got shots too. :( I'm glad both boys are doing so well!