It's been 10 months since our two beautiful bundles of joy enter into this world. They have changed so much over the last 10 months. I was going through some old newborn clothes the other day and just couldn't believe how small the clothes were and to think they were huge on the boys when I first brought them home from the hospital.

The last two months have been amazing the boys have literally developed over night. Both of the boys started sitting-up (with help) around the first week in July, then shortly after that Ben started crawling, then
Colton. Then one day, Ben just sat up all by himself (now he does it regularly) As for
Colton he doesn't care anything about sitting up by himself, he just waits on you to sit him up. Ben is finally crawling on his hands and knees, but
Colton has the Army crawl down pat and he is
alot faster than Ben. Ben's latest trick is that he can pull up on everything, I think his new mission in life is to pull up on every object he can find. He 's going to give me a heart attack with all of this pulling up he is doing. I can already see it... walking is in our near future.
BEN
COLTON
I have started feeding the boys more adult type food this last week and it going quiet well.
Colton still loves anything you put in his mouth. His favorite food is BBQ... seriously! Ben doesn't love it as much as
Colton but he eats it to. Both of the boys have started picking up food to put in their own mouths, Ben wants you to hand him all of his food so he can do it himself.
I have always known this, but as the boys have gotten older it is becoming more and more obvious of their personalities. Ben, the oldest, is my go getter child... when he sets his mind to something he does it. He doesn't want anything to get the best of him, so he keeps doing it until he figures out just how it works.
Colton, the baby, is a little more free spirited, he might try to do something and want be able to do it and that's it, he is off to do something else. This is probably why Ben can sit up by himself and pull up on stuff and
Colton can't. I think
Colton's philosophy in life is, "why should... I you do it for me," you might call this "the baby" syndrome. Both of the boys have a great personality and are both really friendly, but
Colton is more outgoing and doesn't meet a stranger and Ben is more reserve and gives you the stare down until he gets to know you better. ( I wonder who Ben gets that from, maybe his daddy)
I took the boys to the doctor for their 9 month/10 month well check-up. Ben weighed 19.5 lbs, 27" long and
Colton was 18.3 lbs, 27.5" long. They didn't get shots this time, but they did prick their fingers for a CBC blood test and to make sure they were anemic.
Colton screamed bloody murder and Ben didn't even make a peep, he just sat there and drank his
sippy cup with the other hand.
2 comments:
Oh Emily! They're so adorable! I can't believe how big they look!! Just wait until they start running and getting into everything together :) You're going to have some hilarious stories...
Time flies by sooo fast. Those boys are getting so big! Enjoy these last few weeks before they start walking, your life is about to change forever! You are doing such a great job with them, they look like such happy little guys.
Post a Comment