February 10, 2009

Choosing The Right Options

I know that I am getting ready to start another rounds of fertility shots, but I cant help to wonder if I'm running out of options. Meaning.... I have a hard time paying $10,000 + of doing invitro and not having a guarantee of having a baby. It would make me sick to know that I had to pay that money every month and have nothing to show for it.

Jason and I sat down last night and talked about the adoption option. In my mind I kind of feel like I am making peace with the thought of not being able to have children of my own. As for Jason I don't think he is there yet. We are going to continue with the fertility shots a few more times and then weigh our options, when and if the time comes.

I believe that the Lord has plans for Jason and I. Either he is seriously trying me on patients or is preparing me for the road ahead. My faith is in the Lord, he knows what is best for my life.  
 

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi Em! It's Shelly. I found your blog through the link you left on Robin's facebook wall. :) I was just going to say, regarding adoption, that if you remember my good friend Kristi from college...well she's adopted. So is one of my mom's cousins. I guess I'm trying to say that all of the adopted people I know are wonderful people and good daughters and that I think adoption is a wonderful thing. If I someday find out that I am can't have kids of my own, I personally would be very happy to adopt. I really hope that you and Jason can conceive on your own b/c I know how much it means to you, but if not, I'm glad that you are at least considering adoption as an option. I think its a great thing to be able to bless a parentless child with the gift of two parents who would be as wonderful as you and Jason. Good luck, wherever your path towards parenthood takes you. I know that someday you will be an awesome mom!
Love,
Shelly

p.s. I think this comment links to my new blog, which I am just getting started. Don't judge, its pretty random and sparse right now and I haven't given out the address to anyone yet, so you're the first!

Chrystie said...

Hi, I noticed you are a follower of my blog, zauggiebloggie. I was just wondering how you found my blog and to say good luck with your decision. I have had (and continue every day to have) an amazingly wonderful experience with adoption, but wish you good luck in whatever path is right for you!

The Burgess Family said...

Emily,
I know there isn't much I can say to make this struggle feel any better or easier. I just wanted to share two stories of people I know who have been in the same place that you are in. Both couples tried for years to get pregnant the same manner that you are and both opted for adoption after several years of trying. One couple ended up getting pregnant half way through the adoption process. The other couple adopted and a few years later they got pregnant. I know there are a number of people out there that no matter how long they try they never do...the main thing is to keep the faith. God knows who your baby is going to be - if it is going to be one that you and your husband make together or one the two of you get to hand pick. Just know during those tough times stay strong because there are many out there praying for you guys!
Love,
Mandi

Chrystie said...

I don't know how to do private comments either, but would love to help if you want to talk about adoption. Are you on Facebook? If not, let me know and I will just leave you my email address.