| Multiples | 1st Trimester | 2nd Trimester | 3rd Trimester | Total |
| Twin Pregnancy | 5-10 | 15-20 | 10-20 | 35-45 |
I have gained 5 lbs. in 8 weeks. I know that this seems normal, but I am worried about this. Plus, my doctor is very up front about weight. Jason keeps telling me that the doctor is going to get on to me about how much weight I've gained. He says I eat like a starving horse. I can't lie..... I am hungry 24 hours a day and when I eat, I EAT!!!!! Food is just so good! I haven't found anything that I don't like.
As for my belly..... I think I'm showing. I know that my pants don't fit so well anymore. I broke down and bought my first pair of maternity jeans today. My thought is why would anyone not want to wear maternity jeans? They're awesome! :) I promise, I am going to post a picture soon of my growing stomach. I will take it on Monday when I go back to the doctor. Plus, I'll have more pictures to show you of the babies.
6 comments:
I think I've heard that its pretty common to show in the first trimester when you have twins. And seriously, you know what the weight guidelines are, but you also know what your body is telling you. I think as long as you're mostly eating stuff that's good for the twins (fruit, veggies, dairy, meat, carbs, etc...) as opposed to all junk all the time (i.e. cheetos) then I think you shouldn't be worried about your weight just yet.
So I take it you're not having morning sickness then? :)
Don't you worry about weight! Eat all you want and enjoy it...I have! And maternity jeans are comfy, but hold off as long as you can b/c you're going to get so tired of them!!! I hope you're feeling great!
yay for pictures!! Maternity pants rule! So comfortable! :) Have a great weekend
Like others have said I wouldn't worry about the weight gain. It seems that your weight gain kind of evens itself out over the 3 trimesters. Towards the very end of pregnancy the babies start taking up more room and you might even lose weight...I know I did. Plus keep in mind that there are two babies taking what they want of your food and energy...so yes you will be hungry. Just make sure to stick with healthy stuff. You are lucky you are able to eat - I could only tolerate bland cereal and very plain mashed potatoes. I also wouldn't worry about showing...you are carrying two babies!!! ;) Oh and I love maternity pants. They are super comfy! Can't wait to see pics.
Don't worry about weight gain. I bought my first pair of maternity jeans at two months and i was showing with just one baby. When I went back to the doctor she told me i had a short torso and the baby had nowhere to go but out, so don't worry. She did tell me stay away from fruit, it turns to sugar and will make you gain alot of weight quick. She also told me to switch to whole wheat products instead of enriched white flour products.
So far, i have gained 21 pounds, and i have seven weeks to go. Good Luck!
Do not worry about the weight! If you're hungry, the babies are hungry, so feed them! As for maternity pants, I think they are the best thing ever, and we should start a movement for women to wear them all the time. Haha. Forget uncomfortable waistlines in ill-fitting pants I say ;) So glad things are going well for you. It goes by fast, so enjoy it. Now that our baby is actually here, we're in a baby haze, losing track of days, etc. Go out to dinner as much as possible, take a vacation, go for walks together because, trust me, you can't do any of that once those little bundles get here! It's a good house arrest, complete joy, but it does keep you indoors for a while. Keep the updates coming!
Post a Comment