April 6, 2009

First Heartbeats.....

Today was a great day.....I went to my 3:50 pm doctor's appointment and finally got to hear the babies heartbeat. All I can say is that it was amazing! The babies have grown so much in just a weeks time.

I don't go back until April 20th, I will be 8 weeks, 3 days then. Jason didn't get to go with me to the doctor today because he was on call at work. I really hate that he didn't get to go, I think he was actually looking forward to hearing their hearts beat for the first time. I got it on video tape, but you can't hear it very well. They were so much louder at the doctor's office.

The Doctor said everything looked great and that everything was right on track. Both babies are about the same size baby A's heartbeat was 133 bpm and baby B's heart beat was 112 bpm. Maybe that means a girl and a boy. That would be great!

Here is a picture of both of the babies together so you can see how much they have grown in just one week. I can only imagine what they will look like after 2 weeks. SO EXCITING!!!

My official due date is November 26, 2009, but he said more than likely I will go early with twins. So I guess come Thanksgiving this year we will have TWO babies.

4 comments:

Melis.sa said...

How exciting!! They look great!! I was thinking the same thing, a girl and a boy!!

i went for an u/s @ 8 weeks and @ 10 weeks while pg with my daughter and to see how much bigger and how much more detail the u/s show is just amazing.

Glad today went well!!

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeats. That must be an amazing feeling! :)
How are you feeling, by the way?

The McKinley Family said...

So glad to see the babies are doing well! I'm pulling for a boy and a girl for ya!

Melis.sa said...

My DH was in the AF for two years. He did ROTC in college and then the military started to cut officers so my dh got out early :)