April 24, 2009

Question for the week?

I am having a slight dilemma and I am needed your advice to solve it. The question for the week is..... Do we need two baby beds or just one? I have talked to several mothers of twins and they all have different answers for me. So here I am asking for your advice....

Most people tell me that in the very beginning ONE bed is fine, but around two or three months in I will start to need a second baby bed because more than likely the twins will me on different sleeping schedules or will wake the other up. If they are like Jason and I one will take after me and be a morning person while the other will be like Jay and stay up all night. GREAT! I'll let Jason take care of the one who stays up all night. Hehehe!!

Others tell me that there twins sleep in bed with them. I personally don't want this to happen. I know they will ALWAYS end up in bed with us my morning but I want them to sleep in there beds from the beginning of the night. These are my plans anyways! :)

4 comments:

The Burgess Family said...

I think you will eventually need two. You can start off with one but once they start moving around at night you will definitely need two!

Missy Dodd said...

Hi Emily. My name is Missy Dodd. We live at Ingomar. I have 8 month old boy/girl twins. I bought one bed. I am just now getting one to sleep in it for a couple of hours. Mine didn't sleep much and when I came back to work it was much easier to put them in the bed with us because everyone slept better. If I were you I would start with one, if you get them sleep in it you can always get another one a few months later. I got my stuff at Woodland. They have beautiful baby furniture at a reasonable price. Good luck!!! Life really changes. Who is your doctor??

Shelly said...

I think if you can afford it, get two, so then you will have the most options and can see what will work best for you and the twins. :)

Melis.sa said...

I don't have twins, so I don't know...With my daughter we ended co-sleeping with her until she was about 6 months. And then she went in her crib at night (in our room) and woke up in bed with me. At 8 months she was put in her crib in her own room.

How are you? How are you feeling???