First my thoughts and prayers go out to the Morgan Family. This is a girl I work with that was 19-20 weeks pregnant and found out Saturday that she was losing her baby when her water broke prematurely. It truly breaks my heart because she is such wonderful person. Please keep this family in your prayers!
This makes we worried about my own pregnancy. (Not that I have any reason to be worried.) I mean just the fact that everything can go from perfect and exciting to heartbreaking and full of tears in a matter or seconds. I wish I could go back to the doctor tomorrow so I could see that the babies are okay, but I will have to wait until next Monday.
Now on to more happier thought...... I was wondering if anyone knew how early you can use a home fetal heart monitor to hear the babies heartbeat? Do these things actually work? What's the best brand to buy?
Second, when can a baby hear? I've looked on line and there are 10,000 answers to this question, so I thought I would ask you experienced mommies out there.
Third, Jason and I have come to the conclusion that we need a bigger vehicle. My Honda Accord is not going to be able to handle our growing family. I test drove a Honda 2009 Odyssey today.
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think I'm going to be a mini van momma. I really liked the van. My husband thinks I've lost my mind for wanting one, but it's the best on gas and has everything you would want in a vehicle. Plus, I am in a car pool with two other people and at least with this new vehicle I want have to make ONE of them ride in the trunk of tie them to the roof. I know that this seems really early to be thinking about purchasing a new vehicle, but we have a GREAT deal on a Odyssey that is really hard to pass up.We also just purchased a new king size bed and mattress. All I can say is we love it! Also another great deal. Here is a picture of it.....
I'd would take a picture of the actual bed in our house but we can't agree on a bed spread, so right now we are using blankets until we find something we both like. We maybe using blankets for a while.The first night sleeping on it was awesome. I didn't get hit in the head or my pillow stolen. It was so NICE!!!!! :) I can't believe we haven't bought one before now.
This is all that is new with use for now. Hopefully soon I will have a new ride. I'll keep you posted.
Emily
5 comments:
:) I think we bought our minivan when I was about 6 months pregnant It is fantastic! We got the dvd player in it, which is such a life saver on our 5 hour driving trips home.
I thought they could hear around 24 weeks? i'd honestly have to look at my baby books and I can't bear to open them right now :)
I'll keep the Morgan family in my prayers, that is so unbelievably heart breaking.
Thank you for your post the other day. I will probably have a million questions when/if I start injectibles.
I hope you're getting lots of rest :)
Actually, my dear friend Amanda just blogged about hearing the heartbeat at home. I understand that its pretty easy , all you need is a stethoscope. Of course, you also have to be at least 18 weeks pregnant and I'm guessing that listening for 2 heartbeats might complicate things- but here is her blog entry if you are interested.
http://babyshea.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/hearing-the-fetal-heartbeatat-home/
I had one of the home fetal heart monitor and I could never pick the babies heartbeat up. Dr. Mitchell told me it would be hard with two babies. There are some great books out there to read on raising multiples. That helped me get thru some rough days of worrying about the "what ifs". Also, the king bed if wonderful. Fits two adults and two babies wonderfully! HA! I couldn't do the minivan thing. Just bought a Acadia and love it. I have a friend that has the Honda van and she loves it. So good luck on that! I will keep the Morgan family in my prayers.
King size bed = must..I am not sure on the fetal monitor brand, I'm sure any of them wouold be fine..
After my hand had two children she said that the mini-van was a must have..the kids can take their coats on and off, you can pick up other kids, and if you go on a trip or dinner with family or friends there is more room..
Hey Em! So glad to see things are going so well. I rented an at-home fetal heart monitor from a company called Baby Beat. It worked great, and I honestly think it kept me sane. When I was anxious or didn't feel the baby moving a lot, I would take a quick listen and be reassured. We didn't pick up anything until 14 weeks, which is early. Most rental companies say 16 weeks. Warning: some docs do not want patients to have these because they think it will drive you crazy. If you don't pick up the heartbeats there may be nothing wrong at all, and it will stress you out. My doc didn't mind, although he cautioned me about using it too often or letting it worry me. I know nothing about how it would work with two little ones in there. I do know that we loved having it when we felt we needed to hear that whoosh-whoosh to reassure ourselves that everything was ok. (We were typical paranoid first-time parents who panicked almost daily, I must say.) If you want some more info on the company we used let me know. I hope to get to NA and see you soon. As soon as Ann Maxwell gets her immunizations we can travel more. Also, do you already have people lined up to host a baby shower? Put me on the list. I want to help!!!
Post a Comment