Colton & Ben

We have had a very eventful three weeks. First off, poor Colton's whole body started breaking out, so I've been trying to figure out what the boy could possible be allergic to. The boys have been eating rice cereal since they were 3 months old.
BEN
(can you tell he was trying to help.)

COLTON
(he loves all food.)

They started baby food about 2 1/2 weeks ago right after there 4 months check up. We started off with carrots and they loved them, waited 4 days, then started Green Beans. Around Day 4 on Carrots, I noticed bumps on the back of Colton's legs. I thought well maybe he's allergic to Carrots, so I went to green beans. Ben is just like his daddy..... he HATES green beans. LOL!!! I had also been giving them apple juice in their cereal in the morning. The allergic reaction kept getting worse, so I took him off of everything except formula & rice. We have done that for a week now and he looks worse now than he did 2 weeks ago.
Colton's Stomach
(this is the day we went to the doctor.)

Then Wednesday night (March 10) I had just finish giving Colton his bath and he threw up all over himself. Not just a little, it was a large enough amount that it could have been from an adult. The poor baby was sitting in a pool of vomit and it was also all over him. Needless to say.... he had to have a second bath, at least he likes bath time. After all of this that was enough for me. I was scared that he was getting the stomach virus and that meant Ben, Jason & I would have it next. I'm tired just thinking about it!
Ben went to daycare just like usual & I took Colton to the doctor. I'm always afraid that I'm over thinking the sickness and debt weather or not to take the boys to the doctor. I called three different people and they all told me to take him. Turns out it was just a one time thing and probably just a fluke, but while I was there I showed the doctor his rash. Turns out he has eczema and usually for it to show up that bad on a baby his age means he "probably" has a milk protein intolerance. That means we have to change Colton's formula to the HIGH DOLLAR stuff and boy does it stink. We are trying the Nutramigen right now, but I am thinking about using the Similac because I have read alot of good reviews about it.


So for the next month we are going to be on this formula and if it is a milk protein intolerance, it will clear up 100% over the next month.
Here are some pictures of the boys in there jumperoo. They can't touch the ground yet, so we put a pillow under there feet.
BEN

COLTON

No comments:
Post a Comment