June 20, 2009

What's in a name?

Choosing a name for a baby is a very difficult decision to make, I mean this is a name they're stuck with for the rest of there lives. You want to make sure it not something they will be made fun of or anything like that. Jason and I have been trying really hard to come up with names we both agree on. This has been proven to be HARD since we don't agree on anything. Remember we still don't have a bed spread for our new bed. LOL!!!!!

The thing we do agree on is the babies middle names:
Edward
& Allen.

Edward is Jason's Middles name and also his granddads name and Allen is my dads middle name, except he spells it Alan. I like it spelt A-L-L-E-N much better. As for first names I'm pretty sure about the name Benjamin (Ben), both of Jason great grandfathers were named Benjamin. I like the name Mitchell for the other baby and Jason is ok (with some doubt) about that name. I really want to name the baby Nolan, but Jason is just not having it! I had also wanted to have "Ben's" middle name McWhorter after one of Jason's great granddads. Then I started thinking and he would end up with the nickname beni-mac so I decided to go another route.

So as of right now the babies names are: Benjamin Edward Roberts (Ben) & Mitchell Allen Roberts. I think Ben & Mitchell go well together. What do you think? Hopefully this want change, but I do have 5 months left to do that. Hehehe!!!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Given that I am dating a Benjamin (Benjy) I am, of course, biased towards Benjamin as a name. I think Mitchell is nice too- it's not over-used and sounds really good. I like it!
Of course I also like Nolan. How can Jason dislike that name? Doesn't everyone like Nolan Ryan? Haha!