Week One: (35 weeks pregnant)
Started having contractions again even after the magnesium drip the week before and pills that I took at home to keep them stopped. I went to the doctors office on Thursday with back pain again, so they hooked me up to the stress monitor to check my contractions and the babies status and sure enough it was contractions. Dr Williams did an amino (sp?) on Colton's lungs to see if his lungs were ready to be born. He had to score above 54 for him to have mature lungs....he scored 74. the Doctor wanted to take them that night, but Jason was in Memphis and was on his way home. So we waited until the next day.
I was scheduled to be at the hospital at 11:00 am for a scheduled c-section, but they didn't get to me until 2:00 pm. I was so freaking hungry and thirsty by then, all a wanted was a cup of ice or a coke. Needless to say I a little on the ill side from lack of food.
The boys were born on Friday, October 23, 2009.
Benjamin Edward Roberts came first arriving at 2:42 pm weighing 4 lbs 9 oz, 17 1/2"The poor baby was squished from being on bottom for 9 months. I think he likes it a lot better on the outside.
Colton Allen Roberts entered the world at 2:43 pm weighing 5 lbs 12 oz, 18"

There personality's so far fit them to a tee. Ben is very laid back, nothing really bothers him and he's VERY alert. Colton is laid back to, but he's a little more antsy.
Week Two: (Since Birth)
We all stayed in the hospital for 4 days, Colton got to come home with me, but Ben had to stay longer. That was a very hard day when I had to leave my Ben behind. I cried the night before and all day about the situation. That didn't make for a very happy mommy. I think it really bothered Jason to, but you know he would never show it.
This picture was taken the day we left the hospital with Colton. I packed two different outfits for them to come home in because I didn't know how big they would be. Needless to say the cute gowns I bought were huge and the preemie out fit was to small. My boys may be small, but their legs are not short my any means. I could even button Colton's crotch. :)
Ben is still at the hospital and we go visit him everyday. He is in perfect health, just a little small. He hasn't had to have the first bit of oxygen or even an IV. The doctor says that all babies lose weight in the first seven days, but Ben didn't have room to lose weight so that's why he is still in the hospital. We are hoping he can come home on Monday, but there is no guarantee on that. We just have to wait and see. It's in the good Lord aboves hands! Below are pictures of Ben that I have taken this week.
Week Two: (Since Birth)
We all stayed in the hospital for 4 days, Colton got to come home with me, but Ben had to stay longer. That was a very hard day when I had to leave my Ben behind. I cried the night before and all day about the situation. That didn't make for a very happy mommy. I think it really bothered Jason to, but you know he would never show it.
This picture was taken the day we left the hospital with Colton. I packed two different outfits for them to come home in because I didn't know how big they would be. Needless to say the cute gowns I bought were huge and the preemie out fit was to small. My boys may be small, but their legs are not short my any means. I could even button Colton's crotch. :)
Ben is still at the hospital and we go visit him everyday. He is in perfect health, just a little small. He hasn't had to have the first bit of oxygen or even an IV. The doctor says that all babies lose weight in the first seven days, but Ben didn't have room to lose weight so that's why he is still in the hospital. We are hoping he can come home on Monday, but there is no guarantee on that. We just have to wait and see. It's in the good Lord aboves hands! Below are pictures of Ben that I have taken this week.
Here are also some pictures of Colton taken this week. He is also very alert and he LOVES his hands. No wonder I never got to see pictures of there faces. Colton is a great baby so far, he only cries when he is hungry or you are changing his diaper. Poopy diapers don't bother him a bit.




The dogs, Cooper and Sam are very concerned about there new little brother. The first night we were home with Colton, Cooper never left the babies side and Sam has become very sociable all of a sudden. I wonder what are going to think when we bring another baby home in a few days?
I take Colton for his first check-up to Dr Shane on November 3rd. I will keep you posted on Ben as I know more. Everyone please continue to pray for Jason & I and our two sweet little boys.
I take Colton for his first check-up to Dr Shane on November 3rd. I will keep you posted on Ben as I know more. Everyone please continue to pray for Jason & I and our two sweet little boys.






3 comments:
Thanks for the recap! I was worried about Ben when I read on facebook that he couldn't leave the hospital, so I'm glad to hear it's just a matter of him needing to gain weight! I'm glad you are all doing well!!
They are beautiful. I Hope that Ben gets to come home and that you are all doing well :)
Love all the pictures! I am so glad that Ben gets to come home today! Your house is going to be one crazy place!! :) Colton looks so big laying on that frog rug! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear how the doctor appt. goes!
Post a Comment