November 6, 2009

2 weeks old

I can't believe Ben and Colton are 2 weeks old today. I took them to see Dr. Shane yesterday and they got a great report. Ben had gained up to 5 lbs from 4 lbs 12 oz when he came home from the hospital on Monday. He hasn't gotten any longer yet we just have to give it time. As for Colton he weighed 6 lbs 2 oz. up from 5 lbs 7 oz when he left the hospital, he has also grown 1/2" in length.


Ben & Colton - 2 weeks old

Ben is still very picky when it comes to his eating, his tummy isn't as larger as Colton's. Colton is my little chunk, he eats and eats and eats. They are both great babies! Colton may look like his daddy, but he acts more like me. I think Ben looks more like me, but he acts just like his daddy. Nothing bothers him!

As for sleep..... we are doing pretty well. It has taken some serious getting use to, but we're making it. Colton can sleep anywhere, anytime. Ben has to sleep with the light on to sleep sound. I think he gets this from being in the hospital for so long.

We go back to the doctor in two weeks for another weight check since that's when I would have been 40 weeks. I can only imagine how much they will weigh then.

As for me.... I'm doing great! I feel good, I can see my feet again and all the swelling I had in my feet and legs have finally gone away. The baby weight is slowly coming off. I am now about 10 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and my stomach still has a little more swelling the get rid of since I did have a c-section and all. Here is a picture comparison of my swollen legs and feet.


left: My legs and feet the week before I gave birth.
right: Two weeks after giving birth.

All I can say is WOW!!!! I feel so much better. I can actually breathe and I'm actually getting more sleep now.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You have knees again! Yay! :) I'm glad to hear that everything is going so well. The boys are so cute!