November 19, 2009

Fussy Baby

If you don't wont to hear about baby constipation and yucky colds this blog is not for you....

Over the last week we have all had a yucky cold, it hasn't been to bad, just annoying. We are finally all getting over it. Thank goodness for the bugger puller and nasal saline. Now my sweet, sweet Ben is constipated. We started giving him dark Karo on Friday, but it's not working. Actually it is, but on the wrong baby. I swear, I feed it to Ben and Colton is the one pooping like crazy.

I called the doctor's office today to find out what else you can do for a constipated 1 month old baby other than Karo. The nurse gave me several options to try.

OPTION 1:
Use a rectal thermometer and take his temp, this causes the baby to push and some times make the baby start pooping naturally on there on.
OPTION 2: Give the baby 2 oz. prune juice either alone or mixed in his formula once a day.
OPTION 3: Try a half of a baby suppository.

These are our next strategies to tackle. I really hope it works, because I feel so sorry for him when he sleeps and grunts the whole time.

As for me.... I had my 1 month check up with Dr. Williams today and he says that I am all clear, my incision looks good and I officially have no restrictions. Yeah!!!!! One of the nurses asked me about birth control and I just laughed... I mean, it took us 4 years to get pregnant and when we did get pregnant we had to have the help of some SERIOUS fertility drugs. I just look at it like this, if the good Lord above wants us to have more children we will. I'm not saying I do or don't want more children at this point, but I'm not ready to close that door just yet. If you ask Jason he will tell you that two is his limit. LOL!!!!

I'm having the boys one month picture made tomorrow by Nathan so I will post some pictures very soon.

2 comments:

The Coats' said...

We've had similar problems. Poor Ben! Just fyi we've tried all those but the baby suppositories worked the best for us. None of the other stuff really helped. Good luck!

The McKinley Family said...

Andrew never had pooped a lot. The thermometer thing worked for us. Prune juice is good, too, but it kinda cramped Andrew. He always ended up pooping in the end. Good luck to y'all!